3 days on Colombiamoda
The #1 trade fair for textiles and fashion in Colombia took place in Medellin from Tuesday to Thursday, and EU-TEXTILE2030 had a booth on the Green Pavilion. Companies supported by the partners were present, and the 3 clusters of the consortium in Colombia (AEI TEXTILS, UP-TEX, and TECHTERA) have been presenting the purpose of the project, and initiated the contacts for further collaborations between Colombian and European companies and research centers. CLUSTER TEXTIL, member of the project’s advisory board from Portugal, also took part in the activities of the mission.
EU-TEXTILE2030 also spoke during the conference sessions of the Knowledge Pavilion with lectures on two topics:
- Sustainability and circular economy: an opportunity to increase the competitiveness of the textile industry (AEI TEXTILS)
- There is no textile to lose! Make Retex (UP-TEX)
Meeting Colombian stakeholders for international cooperations
This first collective trip of the consortium was the opportunity to learn more about a still uncharted territory for several clusters. And so it was the chance to meet the relevant organisations on the show for understanding the country’s textile industry and make the first steps towards transatlantic cooperations:
- INEXMODA, a private non-profit institution that links players of the fashion system to transform and strengthen the fashion and design industry in Colombia, promoting its growth and development, and the organiser of COLOMBIAMODA
- ACOLTEX, the Colombian association for technical and professional textiles and confection, and organiser of the textile and chemistry congress of South America
- RED CLUSTER COLOMBIA, the Colombian platform for cluster development
- PROGRAMA DE TRANSFORMACIO PRODUCTIVA, that promotes competitiveness and productivity in the Colombian industry
- CLUSTER MODA Y TEXTIL, the Colombian cluster for… fashion and textile
Next on Part III of EU-TEXTILE2030 in Medellin: visiting companies and innovation players of the Colombian textile industry.